My artwork imbues an old world resonance with a strong hand rendered feel. This is because my artwork is hand rendered, including hand colored art pieces, and only in the last stages of refinement is my work imported into my computer. I feel to create an old world feel, hand rendering is the best method. However, with that said, only when I feel hand rendering is deemed the best approach will I hand render a piece of artwork. When my computer software offers the best solution to creating an artwork piece will I render my artwork with the aid of my computer. In the end, my final art will always evoke a human element. This was always at the centre of old world art, the inclusion of the human spirit into everything that was created. This human element is often forgotten in today's modern art.
A CONDENSED History OF MY WORK
• Completed five years full-time art school studies: specialized in illustration, painting, and printmaking.
• Worked for 4-years in archaeology in British Columbia as an excavator, surveyor, field artist, and artifact Illustrator.
• Employed 6-years full-time as an illustrator/graphic artist/art director with a Vancouver based publishing company.
• Have been working full-time as an artist and illustrator for over 35 years.
Brief list of past publishing clientele
I shared a working relationship with many clients over the years with many of these clients being my clients for 5 or more years. Here is the short list clients I worked for:
• Wizards of the Coast
• Avalon Hill Game Company (RuneQuest)
• Against the Odds Magazine
• Lion Rampant
• Iron Crown
• Atlas Games
• Steve Jackson Games
• White Wolf (Vampire, Werewolf and many other titles and projects)
• Llewellyn World Wide Publishing (book illustrations and tarot cards)
• Columbia Games (illustrated their book lines, created colour maps, and also designed and illustrated their boardgames)
• Task Force Games
• Penguin Books (UK)
• Chaosium Inc
...and many others book and game publishers.
I worked for TSR from 1989 right up until they were purchased by Wizards of the Coast. I created many pen & ink illustrations and full colour artwork and design and rendered a number of posters for TSR. I had a good working relationship with all their art directors during the years I worked for TSR.
I have worked on many published projects over the years for a wide range of clientele, which includes the creation of full color art, cartography, woodcut/linocut art, cover art along with book, and game, illustration, as well as design work for a multitude of magazine, book and brochure publications.